Not only does vision impairment affect billions of people across the world, it also affects millions here in the US. In order to help provide much needed services we must first be the aware and understand the problem.
Did You Know?
- 80% of learning in a child’s first 12 years comes through his eyes
- 25% of all school children in the US have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning
- 90% of children who need glasses do not have them
- 44% of parents are not aware that behavioral problems can be an indication that a child’s vision is impaired
- Potential global productivity loss associated with uncorrected vision problems is $22 billion for the US annually ($269 billion globally)